Saturday, April 18, 2015

The 5 Stages of Loss and Grief | Psych Central

The 5 Stages of Loss and Grief | Psych Central

Why I am sharing this? Its about death what does it have to do with me?
I seen so many people morn their own lives.
I have done it and even when I mourned my life I mourned again after having pieces of my body removed. It also gave me extreme anxiety to face my reality.

As anyone who has faced the loss of a loved one we too will experience all the same symptoms even though we are not dead.
I also experienced the stages of grief when my daughter was diagnosed with special needs. I started out in denial swearing it was a misdiagnoses.
same with my disease.
Then laid blame by shaming myself of all my wrongs and what made me deserve it.
A tidbit
It took a good lecture from a nurse to tell me
YOU ARE NOT THE DISEASE!
YOU ARE YOU AND YOU HAVE A DISEASE!
YOU DID NOT ASK FOR YOUR DISEASE.... ( in an off sort of way I sort of did in strange prayer request to Heavenly Father but I am odd and I am sure others were not as crazy as me and I did not specifically ask for a disease but it sure did make me do everything I asked for)
The disease gave you bills and appointments and special diet. you did not choose it.
ITS NOT WHO YOU ARE! you are a nice, caring person who does good by others. ( aww thank you * blushes*)
Then she apologizes. "I take offense you apologized when speaking the words of the spirit who was using you as a mouthpiece." and I said it just like that. It was her turn to blush.
A tidbit done

Anyway the point is the grief stages are true and they will be worked through until you feel better and there is no shame asking your doctor for help if you are experiencing depression or can not get over a stage of grief once you realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment