Saturday, April 18, 2015

My dietary choices

I was an obese woman who very short and ate her feelings and was suffering with depression from her painful disease. I weighed two times more than I did when I was pregnant with my first child.
I had tried many diets and exercise regimens.

My disease got so painful I couldn't move anymore. Doctors said loosing weight affects my disease and even though many others who have this disease disagree with that, I agreed with the docs. Watching a cyst boil up through all that thick fat took time and made them real deep. Since I was not aware of my 2nd disease at the time I thought it was my weight preventing me from moving and I had lost the strength to move my own weight.

Lots of praying and fasting about eating and being healthy occurred, Lots and lots of research waiting for the spirit to give me a sign of what will work for me and my body.

I came across a girl with an autoimmune disorder who blogged about her diet and what worked for her and the spirit  seemed to make the blogger sing to me. I found other bloggers with similar diets that worked for there diseases too.  Now to be fair I will let you know in advance I do suspect that blogger of being LDS like me.

In her blog she was all about going Gluten free in another it was all about Paleo. I was like oh I recognize this I tried a similar diet called The 14 day diet. It did not work for me because I thought I was having withdrawals from grains. The spirit though said do this. Then out of the blue a pop up occurred on my computer about sugar. It explained people have withdrawals from sugar because of candida. Instead of seeing the obvious I look up candida because it was also good timing I was suffering real badly of all kinds of fungus situations and even suspected my disease might actually be a fungus too and maybe I was misdiagnosed.

I go on the candida diet and heed its warning of candida die off and the toxins it releases when it dies.
Several of my awful symptoms were from candida. I followed the plan and got tons better after suffering from die off for three days. ii had mass energy return me. Then i got it into my head this diet was dandy but i just needed really good probiotics to keep candida in check but heres the thing:Probiotics are expensive and remembering to take them twice a day was hard.
i had even researched the natural method of getting them but remember i do not have mobility or energy to make them. however sauerkraut was super fun to make.
 I came across a health website of diets for autoimmune diseases and finally went gluten free. it was easy because several friends of mine in the church were gluten free too and I would cook for them and did my research on their dietary needs. I loved it because now they could come over and eat what I was eating and we could share recipes. It made church potlucks way more enjoyable.

a lil tidbit
I was a cook in the Army and I also had worked for a Sanitation and food company as well as a catering company that had me run my own kitchen on the Train for a summer. while working those jobs I was approached about being a nutritionist by two different people. The one for a hospital making foods special order for dietary needs and The welfare office. i giggle as i write this because years later i have an issue with a welfare dietician after my mass amounts of research on diets.
End of tidbit
Ok now I am Gluten free and taking probiotics and I still do not feel as good as I did when I was on the Candida diet.
Then I get strep throat and my disease just disappears. My wounds start healing super fast my lumps go away but my throat is real bad. real real bad. I take medicine for the strep and my disease returns with a vengeance. Its a whole new stage.
I am trying herbs, I am on pain pills, I am gluten free on probiotics, taking tons of vitamins and supplements and even drinking strange fruit juice that is believed to fight cancer. Drinking alkaline waters and a bunch of other things. I even started heading to my first step in the right direction of cutting out sodas that were made with sugar and used stevia instead.
I got real big on the oils because I could not wear deodorant  not having much of armpits anymore and the fact they helped keep my wounds free of infection.
I was still looking though. Then one day a lady friend of mine came up to me and says I hope I am not intruding on privacy or anything but I would really like to introduce you to dietician of mine and your first visit would be free because I recommended you to him. She told me how he had saved her husbands life with a diet plan and her and her husband had a lot of spunk for thier age.
Finally after a long while I make an appointment. He has me fill out a worksheet. Why I do not know because I am pretty sure his diet plan is the same for everyone.

Guess what Its super easy. Its super cheap. You loose tons of weight FAST! Its super Healthy and it follows the LDS words of wisdom.
You will start of with the elimination diet...... but I had already done it.
So all that was left was to follow his instructions. Eat an all natural diet. No preservatives, no science word ingrediants, no coloring. No milling, no processed foods. For me also no corn, no soy, and sugar is processed he reminds so no sugar either. Heres the bummer too. Most Cocoa is processed. No more chocolate either.
All foods must be in its natural state fresh, frozen,dried, or preserved with an all natural whole food or mineral.
Guess what folks this means your grocery store begins to look ridiculously big and holds lots of garbage foods. You will shop spices, freezer, meats and produce. Since fruit can not be ground or blended no juice, just water or fruit pieces in your water.
Lemonade became a cheat for me with honey or maple syrup oh yah watered down lemonade was sooooooo good.
dehydrated yogurt raisins or nuts is my favorite snack along with flash dried veggies that I eat at the movies in place of corn.
 I am spoiled in the summer with baked peaches and apples with butter and honey and cinnamon. oooh yah :D

No comments:

Post a Comment